Insurance & Billing
Athens Vein & Thoracic Specialists participates in nearly every insurance plan in Georgia, including Medicare and Medicaid. However, it is important to discuss your coverage with our financial staff. We will contact the insurance company to verify eligibility and coverage. Once this is done, we will confirm the first appointment.
Although every effort is made to make sure we get all current and valid information regarding your medical insurance information, it is ultimately your responsibility to know your insurance benefits and limitations. Pre-determination of benefits does not guarantee payment. Benefits are always subject to other applicable requirements such as preexisting conditions, limitations and exclusions of your insurance plan, payment of premiums and eligibility at the time of care and services that are provided, along with participating and/or network provider status.
To minimize anxiety about financial matters, our patient account representative and other business office staff are available to help with these concerns. We want to be sure each patient receives the care he or she needs while having a clear understanding of financial responsibilities.
- Co-payments and deductibles are due at the time of service. We accept cash, check, and most credit cards.
- Unpaid balances will be collected prior to being seen at your next appointment.
- Non-urgent appointments may be rescheduled if a patient is not prepared to pay the balance, co-pay or deductible.
- Self pay fee schedules available for uninsured patients.
- There is a $40 charge for returned checks.
Private pay patients will meet with a Patient Account Representative on the first visit. Payment-in-full will be collected at the time of service unless other arrangements are made.
- We send insurance claims for our services directly to the patient’s insurance plan.
- Our fees are based on what is “usual and customary” for the specialized care we provide within our service area.
- If an explanation of benefits from the insurance company is not received within 45 days of the first claim submission, the patient should contact his or her insurer to request payment of the claim.
- We mail statements to patients every 30 days.
Pro-NoxNEW for Pain & Anxiety Relief!