Spider veins are similar to varicose veins, but smaller. Spider veins are found closer to the skin’s surface and are often red or blue. They occur on the legs, but can also be found on the face. Spider veins vary in size and often look like a spider’s web.
- heredity (family history of the condition)
- a history of blood clots
- taking oral birth control pills
- hormonal changes during puberty or menopause, or hormone replacement therapy
- standing or sitting for long periods of time
- wearing clothing that is too tight
- sun exposure (in light-skinned people)
- an uncomfortable feeling in the legs
- throbbing, cramping, or aching
- restless legs
- itching around the veins
- skin ulcers
Since there are numerous diagnostic procedures and treatments available, it is important to choose a doctor with the right medical background and access to the latest technology. Athens Vein & Thoracic Specialists services include the following:
Treatments can be combined with Pro-Nox Nitrous Oxide System for pain and anxiety relief. Athens Vein and Thoracic Specialists is one of the few practices in the area offering this combination of oxygen and nitrous oxide which is effective enough to ease pain and anxiety without medication.